Monday, August 20, 2012

CAPITAL GRILLE


This week is DC Restaurant Week, which is a biannual event where many of DC's best restaurants offer a 3 course dinner for only $35 (and lunch for $20)! I love trying new restaurants, but I went to Capital Grille for the first time 2 years ago and loved it, so I knew I had to go again this year. When I first went, they had an amazing lamb dish, but unfortunately I didn't see it on the menu this year. 
We both got salads to start and I decided to try the Bone-in Kona Crusted Dry Aged Sirloin with Caramelized Shallot Butter with Sam's Mashed Potatoes. My date ordered the Parmesan Herb Crusted Filet Tournedos with Creamy Spinach. I thought the Sirloin was pretty good, the sauce really made the dish. I tried the Tournedos and found them a little bland, but my date said he really enjoyed them. For dessert he ordered the the Classic Creme Brulee and I got a Chocolate Espresso Cake. The Creme Brulee was delicious, but the Espresso Cake was a little too strong for me - I felt like I was eating a block of coffee. Overall, the food was nice, the atmosphere was warm and the waiters were very friendly so Capital Grille is still at the top of my list! 


Dress: asos......$18.23 (now $17.03)

13 comments:

  1. You look stunning!! That dress is so gorgeous on you...i love the cutouts! Thanks for visiting my blog, lovely! Lets follow each other? xx
    http://www.twentiesgirlstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And absolutely, I'd love to follow your blog!

      Delete
  2. So yummy foodsss... love your dress babe, do you mind following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. christie,

    thank you so much for following!

    xx, LC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog! I would love to follow each other! Following now :) GFC name is Kacie Ellis

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, this dress is stunning. You look amazing. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I've got some exciting news regarding Giuliana Rancic. Eek! xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the dress! Also big fan of capital grille, we always tend to eat there when in DC.

    Amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning dress!
    Would you like to follow each other? I wish to see you among my followers!
    Let me know please!
    kisses)

    http://tiebow-tie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress, it looks so chic and expensive.
    Lovely look. :)

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the cut outs in this dress!

    http://www.brightandsassy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christie! I was in a group message with you on IFB! Your photos are lovely, glad I just ate lunch!! That food looks amazing :) I am now following you on Bloglovin'and twitter, would be honoured if you could follow me back at http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3795752/salvadora-blog
    @salvadorablog
    Keep up the good work!
    Love Nissa
    xxx

    ReplyDelete